Safety of Senior citizens Chandigarh
Senior Citizen of Chandigarh
Do not let fear, panic and insecurity enter your home
by your own carelessness A simple latch can be your biggest defences
Toll free helpline No. : - 1090
- Put effective barring mechanisms on your doors and windows.
- Put a magic eye on the door
- If possible keep a dog as a pet.
- Keep fit and alert.
- Always go out in a group for an evening/ morning walk.
- Connect your neighbor's house and your home with an alarm bell.
- Keep vital telephone numbers handy for emergency.
- Inform your nearest PCR van and neighbors if you are suspicious of someone.
- Get your servant or attendant verified at the nearest police stations.
- Ask for photo identification from service or delivery people before letting them in “if you are the least bit worried”, call the company to verify”.
- Be sure your house number is large, clear of obstruction and well lighted so police can find your home quickly.
- Consider a home alarm system that providers monitoring for burglary, fire medical emergencies.
- Don’t leave valuable lying around in the house.
- Don’t make an ostentatious display of cash and Jewellery.
- Don’t trust strangers and open your doors to unidentified people.
- Don’t be a recluse. Keep socializing.
- Don’t ignore any suspicious incident. Inform police.
- Don’t get your servant have an access to your almirahs, safe or other such storage places.
- Don’t talk about family secrets/property in front of strangers/ servants.
- Don’t let anyone rush you into signing
anything –an insurance policy a sales agreement, a contract. Read it
carefully and have someone you trust check it over.